Why is a dental crown needed?
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracket tooth.
- To restore already broken tooth or a severely worn down tooth.
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- To cover misshaped or severely discoloured teeth.
- To cover a dental implant.
Types of Crown materials available
- PFM (Porcelain-fused-to-metal)
- All-ceramic or all-porcelain
Life of Dental Crowns:
On an average, dental crowns last between 5 & 15 years. The lifespan of a crown depends on the amount of “wear & tear” the crown is exposed to, how well you follow good oral hygiene practices, and your personal mouth related habits.
Does a crowned tooth require any special care?
While a crowned tooth does not require any special care, simply because a tooth is crowned does not mean the underling tooth is protected from decay or gum disease. Therefore, continue to follow good oral hygiene practices, including brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing once a day, especially around the crown area where the gum meets the tooth.
Dr. Teeth- Radhe Orthodontics & Multispecialty Dental Care is the best clinic in where one shall find skilled and experienced Prosthodontist / Implantologist in Ahmedabad that use the latest technology to offer treatment plans that fit your individual needs. Contact / call us today to book appointment.